Winter over at No Drama Little Mama nominated me. She lives on this amazing island in New Brunswick. I’ve been living vicariously through her island life for at least a year now. Make sure to stop by and check her out.
I had no idea what any of this entailed until she asked if she could nominate me, but now that I do, it’s such a fun way to build a community and learn about one another. I recently joined SITS and was grouped with a wonderful group of women who are looking to build their niche in the blogging world. Through this, I hope we’ll be able to learn more about one another and building our brands. The Liebster Award is the perfect way in doing so.
How it works: You give 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you. You then nominate 11 other bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and give them 11 questions to answer.
1. I hate the little red notification number that pops up on social media, my phone, email, etc. Due to this, I always am connected so the number doesn’t show. However, I often do a click until it’s gone and then forget about it later. This may be why I’m REALLY bad at returning email and phone calls.
2. Arithmophobia is a condition I’ve suffered from for as long as I can remember. It is the fear of odd numbers. Up until this year, I was crazy about odd numbers and their bad luck. Then Henry was born on 2.13.13 and I’ve decided 13 is the only acceptable odd number. My phobia is so deranged that the TV volume is always an even number, I cut food into even numbered pieces, etc.
3. I have a HUGE fear of wetting the bed. This often means I go to the bathroom at least four times within the hour before crawling into bed. It would be far too embarrassing to pee the bed as an adult.
4. Reading is a great past time for me, but if the book doesn’t get me from the beginning I put it away for awhile and maybe will come back to it one day. Currently I’m reading five books because of this.
5. I drink a half gallon of water a day to help my heart’s irregular beat. Days I don’t drink it, I feel sluggish.
6. Blogging is something that I started for fun and never realized that I’d find joy and relaxation in doing so.
7. My memory is horrible and I’m a procrastinator. The two of those do not go well together.
8. I have a serious obsession with fast food. There is something about it that I love. Even though I know it’s horrible for you and none of it is real food, I love it.
9. As a kid I wanted to be a boy so bad. My clothes, haircuts, all of it were boy. I even tried to pee like a boy! When people asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, that’s what I’d tell them. Pretty sure I’ve grown out of that phase, but I may still have some boy tendencies.
10. Rice and beans are so delicious that I could eat them all day everyday.
11. The idea of lots of babies sounds really awesome. Who doesn’t want a big house with children running around. However, I’m convinced hell will freeze over if I have them.
11 Questions for my Nominees
Any athletic talent. I have two left feet and no coordination.
Sleeping is something I should get paid for. I can sleep anywhere, anytime. I have been known to fall asleep while at sporting events, concerts, always in the car, etc. Sometimes you just need a nap.