With Ben gone this week, I found myself looking for things to do. One night Ash and I met to finish registering at Target and then go out to eat, another night I painted the nursery (all the parts I could reach without using a ladder), the dogs and I watched some TV and we tried not to eat out, but cooking for one person it so pointless. Mom and dad had a gathering at their house one night as well, so I went there, mostly for the yummy food (just kidding mom) and good company.
The Scott’s came to stay with me for the weekend (though I think that may have been during week 21, the days/weeks are all starting to blend together). Brianne and I had breakfast with our moms and then went to the annual pumpkin carve at the Zusan’s. We had 11 kids this year, so it was quite fun. As the family continues to grow, so does the pumpkin carving. I told Grandma pretty soon she’s going to need more than a garage to house us all.
Of course, there was soccer games to attend and Ben FINALLY came home on Saturday night. It seemed like the longest 10 days of my life and he claims that my belly got HUGE while he was gone. So happy to have him home for sure. I told him while we was gone I made a list of things that are now very challenging or impossible for me to do. To name a few:
1. Tie my shoes (it’s not impossible, it just takes me a few times)
2. Carrying the laundry upstairs (my belly gets in the way)
3. Bringing the groceries inside (it’s just plain exhausting)
4. Shaving my legs (good thing it is winter, if it were summer I’d be hiring someone to do it)
5. Driving (three people have commented on the fact that I “hug” the steering wheel and maybe, just maybe I should move my seat back to actually get some breathing room).
6. Getting anything out of reach (there is no chance I will get it without help. Hence the reason all my sweatshirts now are on the bottom of my closet floor. Stepping on the stool to get them is not very safe anymore).
How Far Along: 23 weeks today. At 22 weeks baby was the size of a papaya.
Maternity Clothes: They are more comfy than my coozies sometimes.
Sleep: Starting to get some now that Ben is home, but still lots of tossing and turning.
Best Moment of the Week: Painting the nursery was a lot of fun for me. I had a great time doing it and can’t wait to see it all finished. Plus I can’t forget that I’m super excited Ben is home. Man I missed him.
Belly Button: Popped out, along with the rest of me.